The significance of the Aadhar Card is seen almost everywhere — be it for document verification, getting a Wi-Fi connection, applying for a bank account, or loan and so on. Simultaneously, chances for Adhar-related scams skyrocket. One of the best examples of Adhar details being sold is by Telecom companies.
That is, new SIM card buyers are supposed to provide a photocopy of their Aadhar Card which is then sold without permission to other unknown parties. The government, seeing an issue like this, has introduced the Taf cop portal, called TAFCOP, Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection. On it, one can check the number of mobile numbers associated and active with a particular Adhar card. Suppose any unknown number is found linked, you can immediately report and have it removed.
About the Taf cop portal
The taf cop portal, accessible through the official website — tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in — is meant to curb the misuse of citizens adhar card information, coming from scammers. Well, there happen to be many scammers and fraudsters who buy the Adhar card information of common citizens. Then, the accumulated information will help them create a fake SIM Card, that’ll be used to call and scam people. Thus, people must know what phone numbers are associated with their Adhar. Thanks to the TAFCOP Portal, checking the same is so easy nowadays.
TafCop DG Telecom Govt. Portal Details 2023
|Portal||TAFCOP DG Telecom Govt. Portal|
|Full Form||Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection|
|Beneficiaries||Indian Telecom Subscribers|
|Introduced by||Department of Telecommunication (DoT)|
|Objectives||Reducing fraud cases & unauthorized mobile connections|
TAFCOP Consumer Portal
TAF COP Consumer Portal is designed as a helpful tool for all subscribers so that they can easily keep track of active connections through a simple login process using any active Mobile Number which is registered on their Aadhar card. As per some latest reports around 20 lakh requests are shared on taf cop consumer portal in just 1 hour whereas around 11 lakh requests used to get resolved in large numbers. Through the consumer portal, users can benefit in many ways and avail complete benefit of the portal.
Objectives of the Taf cop portal login
The taf portal is a great initiative, coming from the government of India. Through this platform alone, one can easily find the number of mobile connections opened under a particular Aadhar card. It even allows you to report any unauthorized connection and fix the roots of the error.
The primary aim is to lessen fake and unauthorized mobile connections circulating nationwide. This whole system can also help prevent multiple criminal activities. And when it comes to the actual service, this platform is quick and provides accurate information. Checking out barely takes any time, and can be done from anywhere and anytime. Moreover, the device compatibility is inclusive, meaning you won’t require a high-end device to get started.
Tafcop portal login process
- To successfully log into the taf portal dashboard, navigate to the official website through any search engine.
- The login option should appear on the home page.
- It will have space for user ID and password; type accordingly. If new, register yourself by providing personal details.
- Enter the captcha and select ‘login’.
Check Active SIM Status through the Taf cop portal
After you are done with the Taf cop login process, it is time to check your active SIM status online. You can easily do so, by:
- Go back to the official website, i.e., https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/
- Select the option for Registered User Login.
- Enter your phone number and password. Alternatively, you can request login through OTP.
- The OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number through SMS. It will only be valid for a specific time being, so one must hurry in validating the code.
- Once done, go to the Request Status section. Type the Ticket ID Ref no and click on submit.
Link Mobile Number to your Aadhar Portal
Below mentioned steps will take you to check either your mobile number is linked with aadhar card on the government’s tafcop dgtelecom portal:
- Open a web browser and search for taf cop portal at https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in
- You can scroll the dashboard and enter your 10 digits mobile number in the required box.
- Click on the submit button and you will receive an OTP.
- Enter the OTP and tap on ‘verify’ button.
- You can check the list of mobile numbers linked with your aadhar credentials.
Tafcop dg telecom gov in tracking (lost/stolen) Mobile
Telecommunication Ministry also provides a facility to keep track on your lost/stolen mobile through tafcop.sancharsaathi.gov.in. But, even to keep track on your sim, you have to follow some basic steps which are listed below:
- Open your web browser and search for CIER website on the search bar.
- You can scroll the dashboard and navigate to citizen-centric services and click on Lost/Stolen mobile.
- Once you click on this button, a request form will be opened where you have to enter your details in three stages:
- Device Information
- Lost Information
- Device owner’s personal information
- Enter the required details in placed area and upload necessary documents to process this request further.
- You will receive an OTP after entering the OTP your complaint will get submitted.
What to expect from the taf cop portal?
Once you are through the taf cop login, you’ll open yourself up to numerous benefits, such as:
- You’ll receive an alert notification if more than nine connections under your name are created.
- One can easily report and undergo necessary actions in the portal itself if they find misuse of Adhar information taking place.
- Using the portal seems technical, but is rather very easy to use.
- Gives every Indian an upper hand, to safeguard themselves and also prevent criminal activities.
How to remove mobile numbers associated with your Aadhar on the taf cop portal login?
If you see that an unknown SIM card is active under your Adhar details, it is crucial that you instantly report and take necessary actions. Also, you are needless to worry, as having it done is possible from the taf cop itself and is too simple.
- Take the help of the TAFCOP dashboard to find what numbers are active under your name.
- Then select the numbers that are active but used by some stranger.
- Click on submit.
- A pop-up message, confirming the request will appear. Clicking on it means that you agree that further changes won’t be possible.
- Click and submit your application.
- You will then receive the application ID on the website itself.
Verifying mobile number on the taf cop
As you report unknown mobile numbers on the portal of TAFCOP, you’ll find another useful feature of mobile verification. Verifying the same would be beneficial if you know the number is going to be used in the future as well. Click on the section, available near the mobile number to complete the verification. The request will then be sent and noted that the particular number is legit and linked to the rightful Adhar owner. Make sure that you keep checking the SIM card status online. Moreover, this whole process will hardly take 3 – 5 minutes, while potentially saving you from becoming a victim of a preventable SIM fraud case.
Taf cop portal mobile application 2023
You can now attempt your taf cop login even more conveniently, thanks to the mobile-optimized application. Even accessing the many available services from the application is better. And although it may have some limitations, trying it out is worth it.
How safe is it to use the taf cop?
Coming from the Indian government itself, it is very evident that trying the Taf cop login is safe. Nevertheless, the portal is not short of questions about authenticity. That is, many have put forth their concern about its legitimacy. On a good note, you do not need to worry about accessing this website. Instead, this portal is a convenient route to stay safe from SIM card fraud. Plus, TAFCOP is built keeping the safety of users in mind.
The best part is that Indians are free to access their taf cop portal from anywhere. That is because all states of the country permit the services as it is an initiative from the central government. Perhaps, TAFCOP, which stands for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management & Consumer Protection, is meant to prevent SIM card scams. To be more exact, it comes under the Department of Telecommunication (DOT) of India. On it, mobile subscribers can find the number of mobile connections active under their name. Simply put, a straightforward government-run website can help save you from tons of SIM card-related scams.